Total Pageviews

Friday 17 May 2013

Early start…Late finish !

I had managed to get up in time for mass, in fact I was up half the night trying to make sure I made it for 6-45 a.m. ,on Friday morning, and rushed down to the Grotto full of good intentions, and thoughts…however my French was clearly still not up to the mark… I arrived around 6-25 a.m….to find the English mass just finishing, having started at 6 a.m. today !

I carried out my intentions though, and lit a large candle (for everyone !) to burn whilst I then returned to the Grotto for mass…which started at 6-45 a.m. and was in German ! I did though understand lots of it, even the Sermon !, and took a full part in it, even saying ‘Peace be with you’ to the startled Germans surrounding me..

remembering all my prayer intentions during mass, I was surprised to learn of the almost instant results..my Dad being released from Hospital later in the day , welcome home Pop ! (he does keep an ‘eye’ on the blog !)

After mass I got myself some fresh bread and ain au Chocolat, before returning to Wally for my breakfast with fresh coffee .. I was about to go out for a bike ride, on a sunny morning, however had offered to help with translation for an old chap who’s car was having problems, and he took me up on the offer…so I accompanied him to a nearby garage, and arranged some repairs for him, wonderful translation…and a receptionist who spoke English !

By now, lunchtime, and after Lunch the rains returned, so I spent the day reading a book, relaxing,IMG_2191 before the drier evening saw me cycling down to the Grotto, for the torchlight procession, as darkness arrived..and my umbrella wasn’t needed !

Not so many people here today, the cold and wind obviously deterring lots, although I was warm as I cycled back up to the campsite, just in time before the night-time rains arrived..Goodnight !

IMG_2195

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.