Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Time to Go Home.....



Thursday 24th November 2016-12-05 My final day in Australia, 3 months have certainly flown along, and as I had a final walk around in the Adelaide sunshine, I realised it was getting time to fly


 the streets were already filled with Christmas decorations, and I tried to get in the mood
with Fr Christmas promising not to forget me !


Late afternoon we were all collected and taken to the airport for the start of the long journey home.... Adelaide to Melbourne, Melbourne to Dubai, Dubai to England...then a road journey home from London... 

As I wandered across the tarmac for my first flight
the  sun was already saying goodbye, and as the aircraft climbed into the sky
 I got my last views of Adelaide, and later as the sun finally set my last views of Australia
... It was a hard 30 hours or so, before I finally collapsed through my front door, to be greeted by 3 months of post...and freezing cold weather !  - Glad to be home.....? – I’ll let you know !

A final thought on Australia ?... I’ve been overwhelmed by the welcome from so many people, everywhere I’ve gone I’ve been taken into the bosom of everyone’s family – hopefully one day I’ll be able to return some of this hospitality, and show something of England to all my friends... 
Thanks again it’s been ‘Awesome’!!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.