Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 August 2012

The Rain Returns

As my fellow travellers had left, they had taken the sunshine with them – Thanks !

It was a rainy morning in Anchorage that greeted me, as I got up after my first lie -in in weeks !

IMG_0008I wandered into the centre, to find that they had a marathon and other road races going on, http://www.anchoragerunningclub.org/bwlr2012/ and I was able to see stragglers on their way in..I then wandered into the market area, no Mountain cloggers today, IMG_0011just some lads on guitars, so I got some food from a Chinese stall and wandered back to the ABI, laughing at the signs I saw as I walked in the rain ..it’s a rough place !

IMG_0020I went out again in the evening, down on the coastal trail, watching the aeroplanes landing at the airport across the bay and followed the information boards and trail back into town, IMG_0023passing by the giant Alaska railway station, still used by thousands of tourists, with originals still on display

then time for more food, and back to ABI, and bed

Goodnight 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.